Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Go Soar!

What did you want to be when you grew up?  Does it match what you turned out to be? I wanted to be a 5th grade teacher when I was younger but then I made the surprising discovery that I wasn't too keen on spending the entire day with children that I didn't actually give birth to. So...the teacher thing went no further than that.

So I decided that I'd be a business chick. I knew I didn't want to be a doctor or lawyer so business it was and off I went to major in business in college.

Here's what was NEVER on my list :
1. Entrepreneur
2. Author

I never really knew any business owners growing up.  My family was made up of hardworking 9 to 5'ers. That was my example. ..it was what we did.  Imagine my surprise when an annoyance turned into an actual company with a logo and checking account.

This year,  I'll add "Author" to the list of things which define me and that has come as a surprise too.

The honest truth is this: while none of these things were planned,  they have enriched my life in ways I couldn't imagine. 

Are you following a prepared plan or allowing life to guide you?

Take a chance, step outside of your comfort zone. I promise,  you will discover gifts and talents you had no idea you possessed.

Go soar!!
As always,  thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment