Sunday, January 12, 2014

SHELVES!!!!!

Hi! How are ya? Good, I hope! I have a few updates for you. We are now in mid January and things are moving along. The biz partner/best friend and I have been talking NON-STOP about our plans for 2014. I mentioned some of these goals in the last post but things are really coming into focus.

The word that keeps swirling around in my mind is SHELVES. We MUST get on more shelves. So we are laser focused on making more connections, talking to more people, pitching NMW to more retail establishments and going after some big beauty shelves: Target, Ulta and my heart's desire...Sephora. We WILL find these buyers and tell them why they MUST get NMW on their shelves.

Let's see, what else has happened since we chatted? Oh, yes, I had a very nice e-mail exchange with the Executive Beauty Editor of O, The Oprah Magazine!!! Talk about my heart's desire. Oh man, I will faint on the spot WHEN (not if) we appear in that magazine! I sent some Wands and information over to NY so we'll see were that goes.

Just yesterday, I had the honor and privilege of being interviewed for a movie focused on small businesses. I had a great time! I was asked questions like, "What is the most inspirational book I've read? (Mom & Me & Mom by Maya Angelou) What advice would I give someone who is interested in starting a business? (Be 100% sure that you believe in what you're doing and that you are ALL IN because there will be obstacles and at times it will be tempting to put the idea down but your complete dedication will keep pushing you along)." I can't wait for the viewing!

The biz partner/best friend has been reading the book written by The Shark Tank sharks and she's been filling me in on their tips and tricks. I have vowed to do more reading this year and that will absolutely include information about growing this business. The main focus now is marketing, marketing, and marketing. We took a stab at some paid advertising and lo and behold, it was a success! Sales really sparked up. :)

The last thing I want to tell you about has me crazy excited. We decided to do a 12 Months of Giving campaign. I asked friends and customers to tell me which causes were close to their hearts and I took those suggestions and slotted them into the 12 months of 2014. NMW will support (with time/money) these causes, with the help of whomever is interested. I will include the list of causes below. I am SO excited about this campaign because I honestly believe that we all have the ability to make a difference, even if it will just help one person. If you are interested in supporting any of the causes on the list, let me know at nikki@nikkismagicwand.com. We'd love to have you!

January 2014- Linus Project (Blankets for traumatized children)-
February 2014- The Rescue Mission (Helps the Homeless)
March 2014- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
April 2014-- Autism Awareness Month
May 2014-- Veterans' Services
June 2014-- Domestic Violence Services
July 2014--March of Dimes (Assists babies)
August 2014--The Sanctuary Project (addresses violence in the community)
September 2014--Animal Rescue League
October 2014--Bethlehem Haven (Women in Shelters)
November 2014-- Cupcakes for Smiles (A treat for all)
December 2014--Every Child, Inc. (Assists children in foster care)


As always, thanks for reading!
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment