Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Countdown is ON!

Hi! I am excited to write because in exactly two weeks, Nikki's Magic Wand will be in the Big Apple for NY Fashion Week!!!! I can't believe that the time is almost here. The best friend/business partner and I are in overdrive, counting up business cards, Wands and postcards. We are figuring out how to e-mail huge picture files so we can have a new standing banner made. We are gathering our wardrobe choices, complete with shoes and jewelry. I even got a WHOLE new hairdo, partially because I've been working out and was starting to look like the front of Michael Jackson's "Off the Wall" album, but also because I wanted a FRESH, NEW look for Fashion Week.

Let me tell you why all of this is exciting and crazy for me. First off, as I mentioned in my very first post on this blog, I never, ever had any entrepreneurial aspirations. I mean like never. ALSO, I've always been the plain, Jane girl who just made sure that her clothes were clean and matched. No real fashion savvy here. But look what has happened. A better plan was created for me, right under my nose. I had an idea that turned me into a business owner AND, in 14 days I will find myself among the most beautiful people in the world. How did THAT happen? :)

I can't wait to get to that celebrity gifting suite and see who comes through. The fact that we have an opportunity to get a Wand into a celebrity's hands and maybe, just maybe make it into their cosmetic bag is making me all jittery. :)

I promise you, you can plan out your whole life, down to the year you'll retire, when your house will be paid off, etc and then something will show up like BAM!!!!!! Nope, change of plans!

Ok, let's see what else I have to tell you. We are getting closer and closer to being featured on QVC.com so please stick close to see when it's time to vote.

When we get back from NY Fashion Week, we'll have a whole strategy, a plan of action of how we intend to proceed. Do we hire a broker to talk to the big retailers on our behalf? Do we buy airtime? How will we grow our Magic Money Maker program. There is SO much to discuss and plan so it's great that the best friend/business partner and I will have the opportunity to really get down to business.

Well, that's about it for now. Short, sweet and to the point. I'm going to write again when we're about to head to NY and OF COURSE I'll be filling you in on who we saw.

Who do you want me to give an extra long hug to? :)

As always, thanks for reading and for following along with me as I chase this dream,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment